Saturday 30 April 2016

April 2016 Retro Game purchases.

It has been a super slow month for Retro Purchases, in fact I havent spent much on myself at all, there is not a real reason its a mix of a few tiny things. One is that I havent really seen many games at a price I have liked, either they have been being sold for far too much, or the ones I have seen have been in stupidly bad condition. The other main reason is simply that I decided to spend my money on other people, I for one got my daughter an Xbox One because she has been doing really well at school and is just a credit to me in general. I have never liked paying through the nose for games anyway the thing I like about retro games is the thrill of the chase if you spend £10 on a game worth £10 theres no fun or glory there.

On April the 9th I went in to a charity shop and found a few games. I got Smack Down 2 for the playstation one complete for 50pence, Porsche Challange for the playsation one complete for 50pence and Pro Cast Sports Fishing for the xbox complete for 50pence. I already own Smack Down 2 but looking at this copy the disc was in practically perfect condition which made me decide that I hould buy it. I grabbed the Pro Cast Sports Fishing because It was made by Capcom and there a company I cant help but have a fondness for.

On the 14th of April I went in to a charity shop and grabbe Yu-Gi-Oh! Capsule Monster Coliseum complete for the PS2 for £4 and Thunerhawk 2 FireStorm complete for ps1 (platinum edition) for £1. I also recieved a Snes cart I had orderd from online, Top Gear 2 I already own it but it was £3 with free potage, it was advertised as being american but when it arrived I found out that it was a Pal cart.

On April the 23rd I picked up a complete copy of Pariah for the Xbox for 50pence from a pawn store. I grabbed a few more games from there on the 25th The Tale of Despereaux complete for wii for 50pence and Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 complete for wii for £1.

I ended the month by buying Commandos 2 Men of courage for ps2 for 75pence complete
and Delta Force Black Hawk Down Team Sabre for 75pence complete on the 29th of this month.

I know I do this every month but I cant help but realise how sort of crazy it is keeping an account of the cash I have spent on retro games and the days I have brought them, thank goodness I dont do this with modern games or with my day to day household purchases if I did then I would be really worried I have some form of obsessive compulsive disorder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tales from the Crypt DEAD EASY aka Fat Tuesday the lost film

Ages and Ages ago I made blog posts about Tales from the Crypt Presents Fat Tuesday AKA Dead Easy and a few years ago I turned these into a...