Monday 29 August 2016

RIP Gene Wilder, a loss to the world.





The actor Gene Wilder, remembered by many for his portryale of the title character in Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, has died at the age of 83, this unfortunatly is not a hoax it has been confirmed by his family.

The actor also starred in classic films such as The Producers, Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein. He wasnt in a great number of films because despite his amazing talent he was very picky about his roles and felt no need to be in a film to simply be in a film.

It is hard to talk about Mr Wilder without mentioning his collaborations with writer and director Mel Brooks as well as the stand-up comedian Richard Pryor. Wilder and Pryor could play of each other in a way you seldom get to see in many films, they managed to share the limelight and both just seemed to help to make the other even funnier, they had a perfect syncronised comedy timing that others can only hope but to come anywere near. After Pryors passing Wilder talked about him with such love and passion that I couldnt help but cry.

To me Gene Wilder wasnt just an actor who played Willy Wonka he was, is and always will be Willy Wonka, I cant read the book now without seeing his face, I cant watch anyone else try to be the character without my mind simply going ''thats not Wonka thats an imposter''. The main is a part of my childhood, a part of who I am, he made me believe that ''if you want to view paradise simply look around and see it'' So while his passing brings tears to my eyes I also choose to take this on board and to look around at all of the things that make me happy and make my life a better place, Gene Wilder will live on in my mind, in my imagination, I have shared his film with my daughter, she loves it and I hope one day she will share it with her own, who will share it with theres and that in this way Mr Wilder will live forever bringing joy to children forever more.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tales from the Crypt DEAD EASY aka Fat Tuesday the lost film

Ages and Ages ago I made blog posts about Tales from the Crypt Presents Fat Tuesday AKA Dead Easy and a few years ago I turned these into a...