Friday 30 September 2016

Septmeber 2016 Retro Game Purchases

Well on Thursday the 1st of September I started the month by spending a heck of a lot of money  I Spent £25 on two boxed Playstations. One of them is the dual shock pack and has pretty much everythign it should have inside the box, the machine a power cable, a tv cable and a scat cable, 2 dual shock pads and a manual and came with a 3rd party memory card, all its really missing is the demo disc its supposed to have and the usual bits and bobs of warranty cards etc... The second was a Value Pack model, it has the machine, the power lead, the 2 normal pads and the official memory card , a rfu telly cable, two demo discs and every manual warranty card and bit and piece youd expect, all its missing is the inner box bits to hold everything in place inside.





I dont just get and get stuff though, this kind of made me realise I had gotten too many playstations so I sorted one unboxed one out and gave it to a friend of mine, he had been looking at various consoles to get for his own collection and didnt have an original Playstation so thought why not help a fellow gamer out.

I also spent £15 on a boxed black wii with 2 official wii motes, 2 wii mote plus add on units, and 2 official nunchucks. I have to admit that this was mostly for 2 reasons the fact it was boxed and the fact it was 2 extra remotes and wii plus add on' and nunchucks I could use with my Wii U... knwoing that when I was done with it it could go back to the Wii for collection purposes.

Then I spent £7 on 7 complete PS2 games which were Timesplitters future perfect, Grand theft auto vice city, final fantasy x, final fantasy x-2, crash nitro kart, star trek voyger elite force and Fahrenheit. all boxed and fuly complete

Didnt really expect to spend all of that cash smack bang at the start of the month and realised that Id spent in one day hallf as much as I had spent in the previous month.

On the 3rd I  Spent £4 on 4 complete wii games in a charity shop The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night,The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon, just dance 2, and Looney Tunes: Acme Arsenal

On the 8th I went to a charity shop and picked up the following little bundle for £25

A gameboy colour , green in colour with no issues except it has a yellow battery cover
2 rechargable gameboy color battery packs
an official nintendo carrying bag
the following carts 7 of which are in the plastic protectors
Scooby Doo Classic Creep capers (gbc game)
Nemesis 2 (gb game)
WWF SuperStars (gb game)
golf (gb game)
Dr Mario (gb game)
World cup (gb game)
wave race (gb game)
super mario land (gb game)
Jeremy mcgrath supercross 2000 (gbc game)
Game and watch gallery 2 (gbc game)
one of those dodgy 32 in one multi carts.
 
I also picked up a GBA cart of Starwars flight of the falcon for £2 from a local indie stall and a friend got me a cart only N64 copy of Earth worm Jim 3 as a present (the same friend I gave the Playstation to).

On the 10th I got Mega Games 1 for mega drive boxed with all 3 manuals for £1 from a charity shop.

Then on the 13th I Spent £9 in an indy store and got

Rugrats Search for Reptar for ps1 complete
ISS Pro Evolution for ps1 complete (platinum)
Hello Kitty roller rescue for ps2 complete
Primal Rage Snes cart only
Rambo 3 master system cart only
Global Gladiators master system cart only
 
On the 15th I got  688 Attack Sub complete for megadrive from an inderpendent seller for £2. while on the following day I went to an indie store and got Super Soccer SNES cart only for £1 and Fifa 98 SNES cart only for £1
 
On the 22nd I got  FZERO X cart only for N64 £5 and Megaman Battle chip challange cart only for GBA £4 from a indie store and then went to another shop and got Fzero X boxed complete for £9. I got the boxed one after the cart or might not have got the cart
 
This means that in Septmeber I spent £112 on retro games and equipment. Now to be honest it is the most I have spent this year as far as I can remember but considering how much I spent on the 1st day its not really that much. I didnt realy scale back thinking I had gone crazy or anything I just didnt see that many things I would go wild for. So what was my best deal well I would have to say either the wii for the wii-motes, wii pluses and nunchucks or the Game Boy color for the price of it including games.... not counting deals and money spent though it was great to get Earth Worm Jim 3 as I already own 1 and 2 and well its cool having something that came from a friend as a thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tales from the Crypt DEAD EASY aka Fat Tuesday the lost film

Ages and Ages ago I made blog posts about Tales from the Crypt Presents Fat Tuesday AKA Dead Easy and a few years ago I turned these into a...