Thursday 12 October 2017

What I have been watching and playing recently. More Orville, The bake Off, Ryse and Trials Fusion.

So sometimes I have played a few things or watched a few things that I don't feel I want to say enough about to make a whole blog post but today I have decided to make a post which gives a rough idea of a few of the things I have been playing and watching. I will start with what I have been watching and what I intend to watch during this month.

I did a review of the first episode of the Orville and since then I have watched the next 3 but I have decided that I don't want to review every episode, once the season is over I might do a season review especially as it has been renewed for a second season. in honesty though I am totally enjoying the show. It reminds me a lot of Star Trek the Next Generation, it feels very very Star Trek like but with some humour, humour which I often think makes it more real. You have people bitching about relationships and about work it just feels a lot less clean and perfect than Trek but makes it a lot easier to relate to. Just like Trek though it tries to have moral lessons and to make you think about things to possibly question your own thoughts and beliefs. The second episode of the season is about Aliens who collect species they see as lesser species and keep them in a zoo as entertainment, in many ways bits of this reminded me of the original Star Trek pilot ''The Cage''. Then the third episode was about Bortis one of the alien members of the crew who comes from a race who apparently are only male having a female child, a female child which his mate wants to have altered to be male. This ends up very much like a Next Generation episode with a court case happening to determine the fate of the child, with each side stating there case and trying to sway you with arguments for why what they want is the best for the child. I don't have enough to say about the show at the moment for it to fill a whole post but I just wanted to say that I am very very happy with the show and feel that it is off to a great start.

I have watched a great deal of shows like The Great British Bake off and Australian Master chef with my girlfriend and while I enjoy them I don't think that they are something I would really write a full post about. I do find them very easy to watch though and a very relaxing watch. I basically find myself picking a favourite contestant and trying to will them on to win, but maybe it says something that I always also seem to find myself finding a contestant I hate, there is always someone who just seems to annoy the absolute heck out of me, it might be the way they talk or the fact you can plainly seem them copying other people while complaining that its so hard or that this or that made there bake go wrong. The person I am currently supporting on The Great British Bake off is Liam, I just think he is an amazing young man who really puts his heart into things and just comes across as so humble and so likable, I was very happy for him when he won Star Baker but I am not sure that he will really win it but still he is the one with my support. As for Stacey she is the one I cant stand, she seems to do nothing but talk about how hard it is like she is the only one having to do these hard bakes and having to deal with the heat in the tent and with demanding bakes. Every single time there is an elimination I really hope that it will be her, I will be happy for whoever wins it providing that it is not her.

OK so as for playing recently I completed Ryse Son of Rome, it was an xbox one game and I had owned it for quite a while but I had never really played it. I was sat there one day and just decided to give it a quick go, to be honest my expectations where quiet low, I had been given the impression that it was good in the graphics but that overall it was pretty much more of a playable tech demo than a real game. I was very pleasantly surprised to find out that despite not being the deepest game ever it was an enjoyable hack and slasher which in my opinion had a great story. Once I started playing it I just couldn't stop until I was done, sure it wasn't the longest game ever but it probably ended just before I could get tired of what it had to offer. If I was doing a review of this I would probably give it a 7 out of 10 and recommend that you get it cheap second hand and see if you enjoy it as much as I did.

As well as playing Ryse I have also been playing a lot of Trials Fusion, I have owned it a long time on both the PlayStation 4 and the xbox one but its something I just keep finding myself coming back to. It is the simple fact that it only takes a minute or two to play a track but ages to master one. You can either put it on for a short blast of fun or you can sit down for ages and try and set better times for each course, and heck you might even find yourself spending far more time than you'd like returning to old courses you had already beaten because someone on your friends list just whipped your time. No matter how well you think you did it always seems like you can shave another second off your record and it can be seriously addictive. If I was to do a review this game would easily land a score of 9 out of 10.

Well thats at least some of what I have been watching and playing recently  I will be back soon with another post, most likly one with a main topic instead of lots and lots of little bits and bobs of this and that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tales from the Crypt DEAD EASY aka Fat Tuesday the lost film

Ages and Ages ago I made blog posts about Tales from the Crypt Presents Fat Tuesday AKA Dead Easy and a few years ago I turned these into a...