Wednesday 31 January 2018

Retro Game purchases: January 2018

So my retro purchases for the month and well for the year come to think of it started on the 4th of January.  I was spending the day with my daughter who is 15, both of us are into our video games and comics and such so we decided to hit a bunch of stores. In CEX I got WCW VS NWO world tour for N64 cart only for £1, F1 Pole position for N64 complete for £3 and Final Fantasy VIII for playstation boxed missing manual for £8.



A little later on we ended up looking in an independent game store where I got
Turok 2 for n64 cart only for £2, Fifa 97 for SNES cart only for £1 and Animanicas for SNES cart only for £7.
  

The following day I got 4 playstation one games for £5 in a bundle, Syphon filter 3 boxed no manual, G.Police boxed no manual (platinum) , Wing over 2 complete (value version) and Tiny Tank disc and front cover only. Now Tiny Tank is the part I really wanted here, its been on my radar for awhile as a reasonably rare game with a good reputation.
On the 8th I went into a local indy shop and got F1 pole position 64 for n64 cart only for £1 and World cup 98 for n64 cart only for £1.

The next time I made a purchase was the 12th now I have always said if you can get a NES cart for £5 and its not sport then you should go for it well today I got
Captain Skyhawk cart only for the NES for £3, Digger T rock cart only for the NES also for £3, Tecmo World Wrestling cart only for the NES for £2 and Gauntlet 2 cart only for the NES for £6. SO thats £14 for 4 NES carts which is pretty darn good in my opinion.


I usually pride myself on making a note the second I have grabbed a game so I can say the exact day that I got it, however I dropped the ball a little here as I purchased all of the following between the 20th and 23rd forgetting to note which I got on which day however I got Stuntman for PS2 complete for £1, Family guy the game for ps2 complete for £1, NFL Street 3 for ps2 complete for £1, Canis canem edit (aka Bully) for ps2 complete for £1 and GTA Vice City stories for ps2 complete for £1. The best of these were the two rockstar titles not only were the discs perfect as if they were brand new but they also had all of the maps and other little pieces they would have had inside them on the day they were opened.



On the 23rd I recieved a few packages which contained the following items all prices include postage. DJ BOY Japanese version box and cart no manual for Megadrive for £5, Fantasia Japanese version cart only for Megadrive for £3
Final Blow japanese cart only for Megadrive for £3. When Final Blow was brought to Europe it was altered to become a licensed product featuring the boxer James Buster Douglas.


On Wednesday the 24th I got a few games through the post the prices include postage. I got Magical Taruruuto Kun for the Megadrive Japanese cart only for £10... its a lot for a loose import cart but it never came out here and its a really cool game. Then I got The Jungle Book for megadrive complete for £5 and David Robinsons Supreme court for megadrive complete for £3



On the 27th I got the following through the post, postage prices are included. I got Super League (Baseball) For Megadrive (Japanese) complete for £5, Crue Ball for meagadrive boxed but missing manual for £5, Ball Jacks for Megadrive complete for £6 and FInal Zone for Megadrive box and cart for £12.



On the 30th I grabbed a small bundle which consisted of The legend of spyro a new begining for PS2 complete, Resident evil outbreak for PS2 complete Resident evil code Veronica X for PS2 complete, Taito legends for PS2 complete
Silent Hill 4 the room for PS2 complete, Kung Fu chaos for Xbox complete Capcom Vs snk 2 for Xbox complete, Gex deep cover gecko for PS1 complete
and Treasures of the Deep for PS1 complete for £13.50


My last purchases of the day actually happened on this very day January the 31st. Firstly I went to a retro collectibles shop and spent £9 on a boxed copy of The Hunt for Red October for the NES (missing the manual). The real good stuff though was the delivery that was waiting for me at the post office. For £20 I got the following World Heroes Japanese, Fatal Fury 2, Fatal Fury Special, Battle Dodgeball 2, Super Famista 3 (Baseball), Jikkyou powerful pro baseball 2, Jikkyou powerful pro baseball 94, and super puyo puyo all Japanese all cart only for the snes as well as  Super Volley Ball and Shining in the darkness cart only for Megadrive. The last thing I got was a little package all on its own which was Nobunaga no Yabou: Bushou Fuunroku  for Mega Drive Japanese complete for £5.

So all in all this month I spent £152.50 on retro video games which is a lot more than I have done in quiet a long time. I guess you could ask why but I guess some of it is because I had gotten past Christmas and other major expenses without actually having found myself lacking, the only thing I had seemed to accumulate was stress not debt, so I spent a fair bit of time trying to unwind this month and found myself wandering in various shops. I am pretty darn sure that next month will be a much calmer one, it also contains Valentines day so will have its own none game related expenses.

It would be a really hard month to pin down a favorite game. I used to own Magical Taruruuto Kun for the Megadrive as a kid and I adored it, no one else I knew had it and it was like this special gem I used to pull out and show people so its great to have it back again but then I am really happy to have Treasures of the Deep for PS1 as I have never actually seen it in the flesh before so I guess it would be one of these two but then I also really like having a boxed Japanese copy of DJ Boy, oh well I guess the most important thing is that I am really happy with my purchases this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tales from the Crypt DEAD EASY aka Fat Tuesday the lost film

Ages and Ages ago I made blog posts about Tales from the Crypt Presents Fat Tuesday AKA Dead Easy and a few years ago I turned these into a...