Saturday 31 March 2018

Retro Game purchases: March 2018

So its the third month of the year and once again as always I have been tracking how much I have been spending on retro games. The first month was an expensive one, with the second not being too bad. I didn't start out with any plan to spend more or less this month so I guess lets just see how it went.

My retro purchases started on March the 4th when I got Pop'n Twinbee for the SNES Pal cart only for £11 yesterday, really happy as it was one of the games I really wanted for my SNES review series.

The following day I grabbed Judge Dread for the SNES Pal cart only for £8 another one grabbed to review. if you have been following my review series you will see I have now reviewed 150 SNES games but this didnt stop me from grabbing a few more things for the system this month.

On the 8th of March I grabbed a complete copy of Vagrant story for £15, which I am pretty happy about as I love getting Squaresoft RPG's.

Image 
I also grabbed Star Ocean The Last Hope Limited collectors edition complete with everything for £1.50 so it was pretty much a Square RPG kind of day.
 Image


Then I got Little Nemo the Dream Master cart only for the NES  for £5 on the 12th. Pretty happy about this as its a Capcom developed platformer, not there best but still intresting.

Image


On the 14th of March I got Solar Jetman, complete in box for £6, I was really happy with this as it was a crazy price for a boxed NES game especially seeing as it has not only its manual but a poster and the little registration card, its neat to see a game this old where everything is still there and nothing has been lost.

Image 
On the 14th I also grabbed Super Bowling Japanese complete for £10 I got this as it was part of my SNES review series and all I had was a cart but I saw this complete and just decided I wanted it. 
 
 Image
On the 18th of March I grabbed Grabbed Virtual Pool 64 for the N64 for £1.50 cart only. Then on the 22nd I Grabbed a bunch of stuff. I grabbed Virtual pool 64 and Top Gear Rally £2 for cart only copies of both... Yeah only just got Virtual pool a couple of days ago but it was a good price. On top of this I grabbed The adventures of Dr Frankenstein for SNES American cart only for £7, and I also got a small bundle of game gear carts for £7, I got sonic the hedgehog, super Monaco gp2, Joe Montana football, solitaire funpak, and the majors pro baseball.
On March the 24th for £10 I got some Japanese SNES games Super cup soccer (boxed complete) prime goal 3 cart only, All star dream slam (wrestling) cart only and super famista 3 (baseball) cart only.

Then on the 25th I went on a carboot and got Asterix & obelix cart only pal for the SNES for £10, NHL 2000 for the PlayStation complete for £1, NBA live 99 for the PlayStation complete for £1, and Premier manager for the megadrive complete for £2
This means that this month I spent £94 on retro games, its clearly not the most or least I have ever spent but I do think that things might start to slow down from here as I have completed my series of 150 SNES reviews. Sure I have moved on to 150 Megadrive Reviews but I already own enough carts to do this. I know that I certainly want to spend more time both playing and writing about games in the upcoming months than I do trying to buy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tales from the Crypt DEAD EASY aka Fat Tuesday the lost film

Ages and Ages ago I made blog posts about Tales from the Crypt Presents Fat Tuesday AKA Dead Easy and a few years ago I turned these into a...